1. Begin by mapping out major milestones, goals, and deadlines for the semester.
2. Look at your calendar for the week and month and identify those major deadlines and goals you set for yourself.
3. Fill in your guideposts - when do you have classes? If you have a job, when will you be at work? When will you workout, rest, or relax? Allow yourself to have a work/life balance.
4. What are your MUST DOs for the week and what do you need to work on to move toward other goals? What are the things you'd like to do, if you have time?
5. Start with your MUST DO tasks. Do the hardest and most important things during the times of day when you are at your best and most focused.
6. Every day this week look at the calendar you made and stick to it. Reach those goals. Do the studying, write the papers, apply for that job or grad school or internship or sign up for that GRE. Whatever it is that you need to do to make it happen.
7. Celebrate your achievements!